Tuesday, December 7, 2010

An Embarrassing Moment

I have a bone to pick with George W. Bush, Jr., and I have a highly specific reason why.


A guest lecturer came to our Evolutionary Biology class today.  He is a big name in the science community, a great bird biologist and a hilarious guy.  At the end of his presentation, there was a Q&A session at the end of class, and being one of the few people in my very silent class who is willing to speak, I decided to ask a question.  


Here was the question I was going to ask:  "Are you working with the same researchers on your nuclear DNA study that you did on your mtDNA study of gnatcatchers?"


Unfortunately, instead of of saying nuclear (pronounced "nuke-lear"), I said the word "nuke-ular".


That is why I am angry with George W. Bush, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment